Sunday 16 March 2008

Muuuuuusic

It's great, isn't it? Music. Possibly one of the best things ever to exist. I'm pleased to have rediscovered a band I enjoyed as a teen. InMe. They do rock. They're young, hot, powerful & brimming with emotion. Wow, every time.
A mature poet I know once assumed aloud how writers couldn't possibly write with rock music playing in the background. At the time, didn't speak up, because who am I? But now I can admit confidently, out loud too, that rock music is something I LOVE to hear as I write. I like sexy music for my sexy scenes, and heavy rock for my tension-filled scenes. Nothing more exciting in my sad little world. HA. When am busy drafting those scenes, the music may be off or mellower, but during brain-storming, planning, thoughtful moments & first drafts, the music does blast...just how I like it.

I'm particularly pleased to have discovered that InMe's newer stuff suits the main couple in my novel brilliantly. I'd yet to find music suiting them as a couple, & had only songs suiting their respective stories, which is fine but now I have this! "Said that we were fine, Lying all this time, You're the thorn that's in my side. & weeks go by, it's so hard to say good-bye. Take your thorn out of my side. GO!" Obviously, if my lovely young couple were to relate to these lyrics, they'd be aiming them at the God-awful Becky. (she's my sociopath).

Kisses

No comments: